Monday, 27 June 2011

Spotlight: Ben Tallon.

Graphic Illusrator Ben Tallon.... well, I picked up this illustrator whilst skimming through here ( which I suggest you check out when looking for illustrators). With the theme of the project being 'Passions & Obsessions' this illustrator is a given. Sort of.





Anyway, I did some research into this illustrators work and I quite like his style, the aggressiveness and use of different colours schemes, pictures or symbols to explain or portray the aspects of the main image. One of these examples is the one above.

So, how does this relate to my project? How am I going to relate this my project?

One, it doesn't. So far. That's why..
Two, I'm going to make it relate. Which shouldnt be hard.

The way this illustrator uses more than one image to show different aspects of things (or people) sort of gives and Obsessive and sort of dark way of metaphorically (or visually) representing someone or something (especially mixed with the 'trashy' style that he has). Take for example the picture above. The shoes one, not the Skins one. When I first layed eyes on this piece, the first thing I thought was "huh, looks like a diary entry of a stalker..."




Personally, I think I can use this illusrators style in my work to represent a persons alternative persona in an effective (but kind of in a normal/ obvious) way. Combined with a style that pretty much opposes this illustrators work? Should be interesting.

Thinking about it though, I'm not sure if I want to use this person as an artist study.... 'cus I don't feel like realting to this sort of style much in this project. I also don't feel like wasting my time studying this style when I'm probably not going to use it later.. 

But.. I'll see how it goes, I'll have to research other artists/ illustrators anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment